Don’t give up on summer barbeques yet, try these yummy treats. If all fails they work just as amazing in the grill. They are done very quickly, but need time to marinate. Best to prepare overnight or 4 hours in advance.
2 tbsp vegetable oil (or similar good quality, flavour free oil)
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp dark soy sauce
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 clove garlic
3 skinless boneless chicken breast (cut into cubes)
2 onions cut into pieces
1 large pepper cut into pieces
- Mix all ingredients for the marinate in a container large enough to hold all meat + vegetables too. Reserve some marinate in small container for basting.
- Add all ingredients (apart from the skewers obviously) into the container, cover well and leave to marinate in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight (the longer the better).
- Preheat the barbecue on high
- Drain marinate from chicken & vegetable and then discard marinate.
- Thread chicken & vegetable alternately onto the skewers
- Cook the kebabs for 12 to 15 minute until just cooked through. Keep turning and basting at regular intervals.
- Serve with mixed leaf salad for a healthy bbq treat.
For children’s parties or finger food buffets cut chicken into smaller cubes and use smaller skewers. When making this smaller variety in the oven grill, they will only take about 10 minutes until the juices run clear.